DIY Pet-Themed Holiday Ornaments
Tis' the season for some ornaments!
Make your holiday a bit cozier with these pet-themed holiday ornaments:
Wood-backed Photo Ornaments:
- Unfinished wood slices or coasters (available at most craft stores)
- Printed photos
- Mod Podge + brush
- Drill to make a small hole for the ribbon
- Trace the wood circle on the back of your photo. Cut out the photo and test it on the coaster for size, trim any access.
- Place a bit of Mod Podge on the back of the photo and stick it to the wood, let dry at least 1 min.
- Put a layer of Mod Podge over the whole front side of the ornament over the photo. Let dry completely.
- Drill a small hole at the top large enough to fit a ribbon through.
- Tie ribbon through the hole so it can be hung on a tree or mantle!
- Iridescent artificial snowflakes
- Fillable clear plastic craft ornaments
- String or fishing wire
- An object to go inside (here we used an XS KONG Classic)
- Open the ornament and pour some of the snowflakes into one half.
- Take your object and tie a piece of fishing wire or a string around it and set into the half with the snowflakes with the string close to the top.
- Carefully place the other half onto the ornament, lining up the holes at the top.
- Tie the piece of fishing wire through the holes so whatever object you placed in the ornament hangs in the middle.
- String a ribbon through the holes in order to hang it on the tree.
Paw Print Ornament:
- Air-dry clay
- A willing paw
- Mold some of the air-dry clay into a disc shape.
- Press your pet’s paw into the disc shape so there is an imprint.
- Let dry.