Spread the Love: KONG Celebrates National Peanut Butter Lovers Month
Here at KONG, we’re all familiar with the wonderful, amazing, hypnotic effects of peanut butter on our dogs. You say peanut butter and jelly, we say peanut butter and KONG!
Since November is National Peanut Butter Lovers Month, we thought we’d share some fun PB facts, a little PB poetry and even a simple PB recipe for your KONG. Enjoy!
DID YOU KNOW?*
- Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of getting peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth.
- Peanut butter was the secret behind “Mr. Ed,” TV’s talking horse.
- Two peanut farmers have been elected president of the USA – Thomas Jefferson and Jimmy Carter
- Women and children prefer creamy, while most men opt for chunky.
- The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before he/she graduates high school.
- Peanut butter is the leading use of peanuts in the USA.
- Dogs love peanut butter, and its nutritional value makes it a great snack for them, even improving the appearance of their coats.
- Peanut Butter smeared on the bathtub tile makes doggy bathing less of a chore. Dogs are so busy licking off the peanut butter, they don’t mind a rinse and scrub!
- Peanut butter can also be used to administer pet medication– stick the pill in a peanut butter-stuffed KONG and the medicine goes down in the most delightful way. (Works on both dogs and cats.)
- KONG sells about 22 tons of our peanut butter products every year! That’s a lot of happy dogs.
JARED’S PB HAIKU
by Jared Glatter
Oh Peanut Butter
Smeared, slathered in KONGs, so good
When it hits the lips
PEANUT BUTTER POP RECIPE
- 1/2 Cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup vanilla yogurt
Mix ingredients together and stuff into the KONG. If needed, use a piece of your dog’s kibble to plug the small hole at the top of the KONG. Put KONG in the freezer, plugged side down. Fills two Large KONGs.*Peanut butter facts were taken from the National Peanut Board’s website.