Cleaning Your Rubber KONG Toys
For most KONG lovers, it is inevitable that one day you will need to clean your KONG. Most dogs tend to lick a KONG endlessly until it is spotless. But there are those occasions where you will need to clean that extra sticky peanut butter or wash those tricky crevices near the top. Here are a couple tips to help you in the occasion that your KONG needs a good wash.
- We suggest hand washing your KONG in warm soapy water.
- Soak your KONG in warm water with a little dish soap to help loosen those stickier bits.
- For tougher treats and sticky peanut butter: bottle brushes (often used to clean baby bottles) and a dab of dish soap can help get those tricky areas near the top. Make sure to rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- A powerful jet stream from a hose can often work to wash leftover snacks out.
- For stubborn messes, KONG rubber toys are top-rack dishwasher safe.
Caretakers should regularly examine toys and look for cracks, separations and/or missing pieces. Inspect KONG rubber toys by flexing the rubber when it is dry. Loose pieces larger than a food nugget can be harmful if swallowed so make sure to remove or replace damaged or worn toys.